Saturday, April 12, 2008

Taco Grande

Ingredients:
1 Pound Ground Beef or Turkey
1 Package (1 Ounce) Taco Seasoning Mix
Water
1 Jar (16 ounces) Salsa
8 (6-7) Flour Tortillas
2 Cups Shredded Co-Jack Cheese
1 Green Onion
4 Cups shredded iceberg Lettuce
1/2 Cup Sour Cream

1. Preheat Oven to 350
2. Brown meat and then drain and add taco seasoning according to package directions.
3. Stir in 1 cup salsa
4. Arrange 4 tortillas in bottom of dish.(I used 1 big tortilla)
5. Spoon mixture evenly over tortillas. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. (I actually put a layer of refried beans on then the meat). Then add 1/2 onions over cheese.
6. Top with remaining tortillas. Press tortillas down. Spread remaining salsa over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onion.
7. Bake 30 minutes(I don't think I did it that long. Just until cheese melted)

I got this recipe out of The Pampered Chef Kids in the Kitchen cook book. It was actually pretty good. A different way to have tacos. I was going to take a picture but I forgot. I hope you enjoy!

No comments: