Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pepper Lime Chicken or Shrimp

I made this on Sunday and received RAVE reviews from my husband...as well as my brother-in-law who was eating over. Super simple and delicious...


Marinade:
1 tsp. lime zest
1/3 cup lime juice
3 tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. thyme (or basil, I prefer thyme with this recipe)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cloves garlic, minced

Marinade chicken breasts or shrimp in a bag for at least 30 minutes.

If making chicken:
Drain the chicken but reserve the marinade. Place chicken on a broiler pan and broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for about 6 minutes. Turn chicken and brush with reserved marinade. Broil for another 6-8 minutes until chicken is done. Discard marinade.

If making shrimp:
Put marinade and shrimp in a skillet on medium heat. Cook until shrimp is done.

I made chicken and shrimp and it was a huge hit. Great served with rice or even salsa and lime wedges!

No comments: