I am not a big fan of salmon but Chad and Easton are, so I was thinking for Valentines day that I would make salmon for dinner. I only know how to make it one way. So if anyone has any good salmon recipes could you please post those ideas for me.
It is extremely simple...you take your salmon fillet (I prefer skinless, you can have the butcher take the skin off for you) In a bowl, mix 1 part strawberry jam to one part dijon mustard and then you put the salmon fillet on a large piece of aluminum foil, spread the mixture over top, add another piece of foil and crimp the edges shut (to make a "bag") then just throw it on your grill for 10-20 minutes (depending on thickness of fillet) and it is done when it looks opaque and flakes easily...my three young kids love this one too. Another really easy one is just to add lemon pepper and squeeze a lemon on top and grill the same way.
We cook salmon all the time and I usually just do it with olive oil, freshly pressed garlic and lemon juice on the stove. The key is to not over cook it. I usually buy the bag of frozen fillets from Costco and cook them (thawed) for 4-5 minutes each side.
I made salmon the other night. This is how Lara told me to make it and it turned out really well: Squeeze one lemon into melted butter and add dill. Fresh dill is best but it doesn't have to be. Pour it over the fish then just grill it up. We used a George Foreman grill because Jeff and I don't have a grill...we are poor college students. Anyway, it was delicious. If you use a real grill then I would put tinfoil on the bottom of it or something to hold in the yummy butter/dill/lemon mixture.
Darci i do not have a grill either. Well we do we just haven't been able to use it, but how long did you cook it in the george foreman? That is how I cook it usually but in the oven.
I was going to post my favorite way to cook salmon but it looks like Darci beat me to it. As a little side note: the butter should be soft not melted. Mix in the lemon, fresh dill, pepper and a bit of garlic powder. It should be the consistency of frosting. p.s. fresh salmon from the butcher is best. Frozen salmon tends to be a little more "fishy"
When you post a new recipe I think it would be helpful if we used labels. At the bottom of the post there is the label option. This would make it so we could come and find a Chicken recipe more easily for example.
6 comments:
It is extremely simple...you take your salmon fillet (I prefer skinless, you can have the butcher take the skin off for you) In a bowl, mix 1 part strawberry jam to one part dijon mustard and then you put the salmon fillet on a large piece of aluminum foil, spread the mixture over top, add another piece of foil and crimp the edges shut (to make a "bag") then just throw it on your grill for 10-20 minutes (depending on thickness of fillet) and it is done when it looks opaque and flakes easily...my three young kids love this one too. Another really easy one is just to add lemon pepper and squeeze a lemon on top and grill the same way.
We cook salmon all the time and I usually just do it with olive oil, freshly pressed garlic and lemon juice on the stove. The key is to not over cook it. I usually buy the bag of frozen fillets from Costco and cook them (thawed) for 4-5 minutes each side.
I made salmon the other night. This is how Lara told me to make it and it turned out really well:
Squeeze one lemon into melted butter and add dill. Fresh dill is best but it doesn't have to be. Pour it over the fish then just grill it up. We used a George Foreman grill because Jeff and I don't have a grill...we are poor college students. Anyway, it was delicious. If you use a real grill then I would put tinfoil on the bottom of it or something to hold in the yummy butter/dill/lemon mixture.
Darci i do not have a grill either. Well we do we just haven't been able to use it, but how long did you cook it in the george foreman? That is how I cook it usually but in the oven.
We just cooked it until it started to flake and looked more opaque. We didn't really have a set time. We mostly just watched it.
I was going to post my favorite way to cook salmon but it looks like Darci beat me to it. As a little side note: the butter should be soft not melted. Mix in the lemon, fresh dill, pepper and a bit of garlic powder. It should be the consistency of frosting.
p.s. fresh salmon from the butcher is best. Frozen salmon tends to be a little more "fishy"
Post a Comment