Slop Slop Sloppy Joes
This was named by Trevor and he requested that I post this recipe.
I never really measure anything so I am just describing measurements. Trust me if you follow these directions it will work out.
1 lb. to 1.5 lbs. lean hamburger
2 to 3 soft shakes of garlic powder
about 1/2 an onion chopped fine
Brown together with some salt and pepper. I drain the grease and wash the hamburger too. Then I think I bet I just washed off the garlic powder so I give another shake into the washed browned mixture.
Tomato Mixture
1 can of Campbells Tomato Soup
1/8 cup ketchup
1 Tablespoon Worchestershire Sauce
2 to 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon mustard - regular, brown or spicey they all give a little different flavor. I usually use regular or brown.
1 Tablespoon vinegar - white or regular vinegar. I've even used red wine vinegar and it seemed okay.
Mix the tomato mixture with the browned hamburger mixture. Let it simmer together stiring often for about 10 to 15 minutes. It should simmer to a nice consistency of a non-runny sloppy joe mixture. If it is too runny just let the excess liquid simmer out. JUST REMEMBER TO KEEP STIRING IT OR IT WILL BURN.
You can prepare it in a frying pan on the stove or in an electric frying pan.
GOOD LUCK
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was totally craving these on Monday but didn't have any of the ingredients and actually didn't really know what all the ingredients where but now I do...Isn't the universe an amazing place?
Amazing. Mom will you make these this weekend? And some yummy chip dip and pickles. yum. Comfort food.
I just got off the phone with Amy about 20 minutes ago and she asked the same thing. Yes I will make a giant slop slop sloppy joe batch.
Aunt Laurel this is the exact way my mom made them I never knew someone actually had it written down I just make them from memory.
Post a Comment