Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lara's Chicken Enchiladas

I made this last night for Travis and his friends. Everything is approximate because I don't measure anything very often. Lara didn't have measurements to give me anyway


About 2lbs chicken breast -- boil until cooked then shred with a fork.
Add: 2 packages cream cheese, 1 (can size depends on how much you want, I use mild) chopped green chiles,
1 can (regular size can) olives - chopped
about 1/3 cup enchilada sauce I use mild You will need the big fat can of enchilada sauce
1 package taco seasoning
big handful of grated medium or sharp cheddar cheese

Mix all of the above with a hand mixer. The most important thing to remember is the consistency needs to be a medium to thick paste consistency. If it is too runny (from too much enchilada sauce) the insides of the enchilada will run everywhere -- yuk

Fill flour tortillas as full as you want the enchilada to be. You can put anywhere from 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of filling in each tortilla.

Pour the remainder of the enchilada sauce over the top of the chicken enchiladas you have placed in a baking dish. I made sure I covered each enchilada with sauce. Then put as much cheese on the top that you want -- I like lots of cheese.

Bake about 30 minutes @ 400 degrees. While the enchiladas are baking you can make spanish rice from a package to serve with it.

Lara - please add comments to this recipe to fill in what I missed.

3 comments:

La said...

I also put in a can of diced mild green chiles. Not to toot my own horn but this is a seriously good recipe and I can't wait for Darci to make them for me tonight.

Clev Clan said...

I made this for dinner last night and everyone loved it!! Great recipe!

Anonymous said...

We had these last night and I am having the left overs for lunch today they are very good. Thanks for the recipe!