Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Chelan Chicken Casserole

1 box Uncle Bens long grain and wild rice cooked
2-3 cups shredded chicken
2 cans sliced water chestnuts
1 cup chopped onion and celery
1/2- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup mayo
2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 chubs or 1/4 cup soy sauce
1 box crushed croutons

Mix all except croutons together and pour into 9x13 baking dish. Top with crushed croutons. Bake at 325 1 hr. Check after 1/2 and cover with foil if top browning to quickly.

This is very filling and our family of 6 can eat one pan for two meals. You can also reduce the fat, by using light mayo and light cream of chicken soup.

1 comment:

Colle said...

I made this last night and it was a hit. I actually cut the recipe in half and it made just enough. It is very Yummy and I would totally reccommend this one!